November 11, 1915 The Sudbury Copper Cliff Suburban Electric Railway is formed.
Above is car 36 on Elm St. Above is car 30 on a trestle outside of Copper Cliff.
- Streetcar service from Sudbury / Downtown to Copper Cliff, Ontario.
- First buses introduced in 1947.
Above is a Sudbury-Copper Cliff Electric Suburban Railway bus parked at the Car Barn on Notre Dame Ave.
- Streetcars discontinued in 1950.
- Sudbury Copper Cliff buses ran from 1947 to 1951.
November 1951 Sudbury Bus Lines formed.
Above is a Sudbury Bus Lines Ltd token. Above is a SBL GMC TGH-3102 "Old Look" bus outside Manhattan Grocers.
April 1, 1966 Laurentian Transit formed.Above is a crest from the former Local Lines Ltd. Above is a photo of various buses in downtown Sudbury.
- SBL ran until March 31, 1966.
- Joint operation of Nickel Belt Coach Lines, Local Lines Ltd and DeLongchamp Cartage.
- Laurentian Transit operated until December 31, 1971.
January 1, 1972 Sudbury Transit is formed.
- 1986 - Buses recieve the paint scheme below instead of the full orange scheme above.
- 1992 - Buses receive City of Sudbury's aqua and grey stripes along with city logo.
1991 Orion V 914 with 1992 City of Sudbury scheme 1977 GMC New Look 806 at the transit garage with the 1992 colors.
- 1995 - The first "Low Floor" fully accessible buses hit the streets. New Flyer Industries D40LF are the model of choice. 3 purchased by Sudbury Transit, 2 purchased by the Town of Rayside Balfour.
Brand new 1995 New Flyer D40LF 953 downtown on Lisgar St.
- 1997 - The downtown Transit Terminal opens to the public.
January 1, 2001 Greater Sudbury Transit is formed during city amalgamation.
April 2003 - Greater Sudbury Transit's oldest buses, GMC New Look 806 and GMC New Look 904 are retired and sent to auction after serving the Sudbury area for over 25 years.
- Buses begin receiving new green and gold stripes and new city logo.
- Buses from Capreol Bus Lines and Town of Rayside Balfour enter GST fleet.
New Look 904 at the auction in 2003.
September 1, 2011 - End of an era, Greater Sudbury Transit becomes 100% accessible with the retirement of 1994 Orion 5 "high floor" buses 942 to 944 and addition of 7 new 2011 Nova Bus LFS's numbered 811 to 817.